Oct 24, 2010

Kudos to the Town of Irricana

I attended the Irricana Women's Show yesterday. What a great event this little town put on! Only $25.00 for four speakers, including food and drink all day. There were some 80 attendees.

 The keynote speaker, Monica Knight, was awesome - I can't remember the last time I saw someone transfer so much energy to the crowd! She had people singing and dancing, throwing crepe paper streamers, wearing hats and boas, playing drums and laughing. Lots of laughter! I will definitely attend this event again next year --- and bring my local friends along with me!!!

Thanks to my friend and PartyLite demo, Heather Tucker (aka "the other Heather"), I also had a vendor table at the conference. Smart concept; meeting space in the center, vendors on the perimeter. I was situated between Heather's PartyLite table (yes, of course I placed an order) and the Grasshopper Gallery's table.



Here is a shot of the lovely Brenda Campbell beside our mascot. Brenda was the driving force behind forming the Irricana Artist's Co-op. Trivia time -although we don't remember each other, if I had remained at Alberta College of Art back in 1978, I would have graduated with Brenda in 1982! Isn't it amazing the way the universe works, that we meet some 30 years later?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great day - congrats!